Called to Ministry

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, April 30, 2017 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

I can remember the exact moment God planted the desire in my heart to serve him in a speaking ministry.

I was at a fall ladies’ banquet in Robinson, IL. The speaker was author Julie Ann Barnhill. Julie was sharing that as a child, she loved to talk. She was the student that the teachers were always asking to be quiet. She shared how God had taken what she considered a negative attribute and turned it into a ministry.

That night I realized that God had a plan for my life as a communicator. The funny thing was, at that time I could barely pray out loud in front of people.

Not long after that banquet, on a Sunday morning during the church service, I remember praying “Here I am God, send me.” When I prayed that prayer, I had no idea what my journey would look like or where it would take me, but nonetheless I prayed the prayer with a sincere heart.

What I later realized was that when I prayed that prayer I was aligning myself with God’s will for my life, instead of expecting him to line things up how I wanted them to be.

God has provided many opportunities for me to serve him over the years. I have seen Ephesians 3:20 at work in my life: “God can do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.” God has already done more than I could ask or imagine in my life and his word says he has MORE!

Take some time to reflect on what God is doing in your life. How has he grown you as a person, and in your faith? Pray Ephesians 3:20 over your life and make this year a MORE year!

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: