The Blame Game

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, May 21, 2017 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

Genesis 3:1 says, “The serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord had made. He said to Eve, ‘Did the Lord really say you must not eat from any tree in the garden?’”

Eve basically says, “We can eat from any tree but, if we eat from the tree in the middle of the garden we will die.”

The serpent then says, “You will not surely die!”

It goes on to say that Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and that she gave some to Adam, WHO WAS WITH HER. I need to stop here for a second. I know that Eve needs to take responsibility for her actions in listening to the lies of the serpent, but hold on here. ADAM WAS WITH HER.

He knew as well as she did that they were not allowed to eat from that tree. As a matter of fact, God had told Adam himself! I guess I always thought that Adam was off working in the garden or tending animals and Eve brought him a snack. But he was with her. He knew what he was doing when he ate the fruit and where it came from as well as the consequences.

When God asked Adam if he had eaten from the tree that He had commanded him not to eat from, Adam said, “The woman you put here with me – she gave me some fruit from the tree and I ate it.”

Then the Lord said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”

And Eve said, “The serpent deceived me and I ate.”

This is where the blame game originated! Adam begins with “Well, Lord, the woman YOU gave me, she gave me the fruit and I ate it.” And Eve, she says, “Well, the serpent, he deceived me.” Isn’t it our human nature to blame others when we are confronted with our own mistakes or sin? We try and deflect the attention away from us onto someone else.

Let’s examine our lives, take responsibility for our own actions and stop playing the blame game!

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: