Abide in Jesus

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, May 7, 2017 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

Recently my son asked me, “Mom, why isn’t God answering my prayers?” As I thought about how to answer him, I started to think about my own life and then I looked to Scripture. In John 15:7 it says, “If you remain in me and my word remains in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you. This is to my Fathers glory that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”

The King James Version of this Bible verse uses the phrase, “Abide in me.” Abide means to remain, continue, stay, continue in relationship, endure, or wait.

When I personally ask myself why God isn’t answering my prayers, I consider if I am abiding in a relationship with Jesus. Am I spending time with him in Bible study and prayer? Or am I in a place where I pray only when I need something?

Have you ever had a friend who only calls you when they need something from you? How did that make you feel? How close did you feel to that person? In a mutual relationship, each person gives of themselves to maintain a good relationship. It is our part of the relationship to seek God and spend time with him.

There are many reasons why God might not answer our prayers. Unconfessed sin separates us from God, we may be asking for something that doesn’t bring God glory, or God may be answering, “Not now.”

I am convinced that if we take the time to spend in a daily relationship with the Lord, he will reveal his answers to us through his Word. I encourage you to make that a habit this week.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: