Where Does My Help Come From?

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, March 20, 2016 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

My family and I moved from my hometown 14 years ago. There I had had my mom and dad, my sister and her family, aunts, uncles, and friends. I also had a wonderful church family that was supportive. Since moving away I have had this nagging thought in the back of my mind: “But I don’t have anyone to help me.”

Many times I had no one to turn to or ask for help. I had two young children and my husband worked long hours. I became a person who wasn’t moving forward in life or ministry. I was in survival mode. I did what I had to do to survive the day. I had ideas but I didn’t move forward because the thought, “I have no one to help me” paralyzed me from moving forward.

In John 5:3-9 it says:

“Jesus comes upon a great number of disabled people who want to be healed–the blind, the lame and the paralyzed.
One who was there had been an invalid for 38 years. When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, ‘Do you want to get well?
‘Sir, the invalid replied, I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.’
Then Jesus said to him, ‘Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.’ At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.”

I heard a teaching on this were the speaker said that in 38 years she could have wiggled and scooted her way into that pool. Then she said, “How badly do you want to get well?”

How many times had I stifled an idea because I had no one to help me? That day I realized that I have Jesus! I don’t always need people’s help if I step out in faith and follow Jesus.

If Jesus is all you have, you have all you need!

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: