Life Isn’t Fair

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, March 6, 2016 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

Why do we as Christians expect the throne here on Earth? We expect that our life will be fair and unscathed, but the Bible says in Luke 9:24, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.”

Picture Jesus carrying his cross to his crucifixion. It was heavy, unbearably heavy. And we somehow misinterpret or misunderstand, because it seems many of us are disappointed when we realize that Christianity on earth resembles the cross we bear rather than a throne. I myself still struggle with the fact that life isn’t fair, especially when it pertains to my children.

We are called to live our lives striving to emulate Jesus’ life. To do this, we need to be reminded of the life Jesus lived. Jesus lived a life of loving the unlovable, a life devoted to God, a life of total sacrifice, and a life of servanthood. That is the example he left for us to follow.

He was well deserving of a throne, but the example he left for us was one of sacrifice and servanthood. Not a life for us to sit back, get comfortable and be served, but to serve!

As a young Christian, I remember thinking that if I dotted all of the i’s and crossed all of the t’s, so to speak, that things would be easy, that life would be good. As I dove into the Bible to understand what I was doing wrong, because I thought I was doing all of the right things, I quickly realized that the Bible didn’t promise a life void of trials and tribulation. It promises that God would never leave us or forsake us, and it instructs us to take up our cross and follow Jesus.

The next time we find ourselves saying “life isn’t fair,” let’s remember Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross for sins he didn’t commit and be reminded that we are just passing through this life. Heaven is our home.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: