Disk Clean

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, May 11, 2014 0 comments
by Loren Walz

Everyone experiences this from time to time - the error message on your computer that there is no disc space left to accomplish the task at hand. Annoyingly, we are forced to pause and dig through the mountain of files on our computer to rid ourselves of duplicates, or leftover files from applications we no longer run. Many computers come with a function called “disk clean” that empties our hard drive of the files we no longer need.

Similar to our computer hard drives, we too fill up our backpack of life with so much stuff that eventually it becomes impossible to do anything. We are slowed down by the weight of our backpack, it takes too much time to find any of the specific contents inside it, and eventually we reach a point of complete exhaustion where we find it hard to see Jesus and live each day for him.

But life in Jesus Christ is meant to be restful.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

An easy yoke and a light burden? Sign me up! I’m ready to empty my backpack of all the extras, clear my hard drive and make Jesus the priority. In living for Him daily, I will find rest for my soul.

But how can you do a personal “disk clean”? Camp is a great place to start! Along with the carefree week of sunshine and new friends, you’ll have the opportunity to learn about the easy yoke and light burden of Christian living through daily workshops and evening worship services. Are you ready empty your backpack at Camp Otyokwah this summer?

0 comments: