Dead at the Root

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, June 18, 2017 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

Have you ever felt like everything you touched crumbled in your hands, like everything you plant dies at the root? I have heard it said, “Bloom where you are planted.” But what if everything you plant doesn’t take root, and doesn’t grow?

My family and I experienced a season like this and it was miserable and confusing. But God has a purpose and a plan for everything we go through, even our pain. It seemed the harder we tried, the harder we fell. That experience changed us. I’m still looking and finding ways in which it changed us for the good.

My head understands the scripture of James 1:2-3, “Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.” But during this season, my heart didn’t understand.

However, I did pour over these scriptures:

“Trust in the Lord with all of your heart. Lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your path straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

“Be strong and courageous. God not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you or forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)

It was these truths that guided me through that challenging time. If you feel like you are in a difficult season, my encouragement is to cling to the truth of the Bible, reach out to fellow believers for prayer, and take one day at a time. Remember that this is a season, and seasons don’t last forever.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: