Above the Clouds

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, March 26, 2017 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

One day I was sitting out on my deck and I saw two eagles soaring high above the clouds. They were so high that I could hardly see them. They truly were soaring above the clouds. All the other birds I could see were flying in and out of trees, on the ground, and on power lines. These birds were much closer to where we live. The eagles were soaring above it all, and this made me think about the fact that we should soar above the drama, competition, gossip, criticism, and backstabbing of this world.

In Isaiah 40:31 it says, “Those that hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on the wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Not that we are ever above others, but we should remain above the chaos and drama. As Christians, we shouldn’t feed into gossip or fan the flames of drama. Instead, we should continually look to the Word of God for guidance and truth.

I am a people person and I love to talk, so there are certainly times when I enter conversations that I shouldn’t, or I repeat something I shouldn’t have. However, my personality type is not an excuse for this.

I have begun to ask myself these questions: “Does this conversation glorify God?” “Do my words or actions bring glory to my Father?” If not, then I move away from those conversations and situations. And when I do stumble and mess up, I ask God for forgiveness of my sin and spend time in prayer asking for strength to turn away from it.

Join me as we spend time in prayer, reflecting and asking God to show us how we can soar above the drama and chaos in our lives.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: