God Confidence

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, November 1, 2015 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “If anyone is in Christ, they are a new creation. The old is gone, the new has come.”

It has taken me a long time to say this phrase, “I’m glad you’re you and I’m happy to be me.” I used to spend so much time looking at what other people had in life. I found myself saying things like, “I wish I were funny like her,” or successful, or thin, or you fill in the blank.

I have found that so many of us spend so much time worrying about who we aren’t, that we miss who we are in Christ. I’ll say that again - so many of us spend so much time worrying about who we aren’t, that we MISS WHO WE ARE IN CHRIST!

All of that changed for me when I developed God Confidence. I describe God Confidence as being confident in the One who created me and gave me my talents and gifts. I may not be confident in me, but I can be confident in the one who created me.

In a talk I give called, “What to Do When the Glass Slipper Doesn’t Fit,” I share that it is important to understand who we are created to be. We need to understand our strengths and our weaknesses, and allow God to work through both.

It is so freeing to be who we are, to be who we are created to be, and to stop worrying about who we aren’t. Comparison steals our joy. Paul shares with us again in 2 Corinthians 5:20-21, “We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”

Be the best you that you can be today.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: