Is Jesus Christ Lying To You? – The Second Adam

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 0 comments

I must admit I am so shocked at how quickly some Christians are in giving up the creation account in Genesis saying it is a secondary issue to the cross of Christ.

If you are one of these people please see that these two events are linked. Why have people bought so much into worldly wisdom? How can these people not see that the death of anything that breathes air before the fall of man cannot co-exist with the cross of Christ?

I have wrestled greatly with this subject since I was about 13 years old. My pastor told me I could believe in the Bible and in the theory of evolution but the fact of the matter was I knew even at a young age that was impossible. At a young age I chose the path of destruction, the evolutionary path. Why do I say path of destruction? Evolution at its core is about pure selfishness. Survival of the fittest. Tooth and claw. The strong survive, the weak die out. This is the basic premise of the molecules to man evolutionary theory. Knowing this, I did my best to get what I thought I deserved and what was coming to me.

That, my friends, is a very lonely road and I implore all of you not to take it.

Thank God He was with me all along the way. Once I started studying and looking at the evidence out there and actually going into the source of these teachings I began to see the holes in this evolutionary logic. I also began to see how people of my day had built on a faulty foundation even though at the time of their initial thought the foundation seemed solid.

Scientific ideas are always changing. I am reminded of this day in and day out by people who say science has the answers. They remind me that this is its strength because it isn’t rigid and unchanging like the Bible They seem to forget though that they need to revisit some things they built on as well when it changes. Which could change a whole lot of things.

If you are in this “boat” and you are a Christian please think about the following:

• If Jesus Christ is the literal second Adam, who is the first literal Adam?

• If Jesus Christ came to give life and defeat death.
o Why would he need to do that if death came before the fall of man?
o Wouldn’t this actually mean death is “very good” according to Genesis 1:31?

• Is the creation broken or not?
o If it is then the science we have is based on a broken creation.
o If it is not broken, then that would mean creation is still perfect.

• Is it a coincidence that the Roman soldiers put a crown of thorns on Jesus’ head or does that have a deeper meaning?
o According to Genesis thorns and thistles showed up after the fall of man.

I hope you are starting to see this is not a secondary issue. It affects how you look at the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Wouldn’t it make sense for Christ to tell us the truth about the creation account found in Genesis?

Go see what Jesus said about the beginning of time and how He sure seems to look at it as real history. He seemed to think it was pretty important and even based His teachings off of it.

Matthew 19:4-6
Matthew 24:37-39

See who Jesus really is: John 1:1-4, 14 / By the way “The Word” is “Jesus Christ”.

0 comments: