Is the Journey the Truth?

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 0 comments


by Jason DeZurik



We live in a day and culture of people seemingly enjoying “the journey” of life. While there is nothing really wrong with enjoying the journey, it seems to me that too many people are focusing way too much on that journey. I am not against someone walking through life and processing what is going on with them and in them during this life. But it seems to me that instead of looking for answers, people these days are more focused on the journey and believing the journey is what is the truth of life, instead of using the journey and enjoying the journey of life along the way to lead them to truth. Do you see the difference?



Perhaps you have experienced this yourself or know someone who is like this in your life. You know, the person always looking for truth but even when finding truth decides to keep going down the path looking for truth, even though they have already found the answer to their question. Since the answer they have found, which is truth, doesn’t fit into their already preconceived notion of how things should be, they keep looking for an answer that fits what they so desire it to be. Or are they?

It seems that even when many find the answer they are looking for, they keep seeking and searching because for them the truth IS the journey. They keep moving down the path. Even if they find real truth, they ignore it because the quest is more important to them then actually finding answers. Have you ever experienced someone like this in your life? Are you like this?

I have experienced people like this even before I became a Christian. The reason this topic is so near and dear to my heart is because when I was a young man, who was going his own way instead of following God, I came to a point of realizing that my way was the wrong way and I wanted answers. I came to a point in my life that I was going to seek and search out truth no matter where that search led me. I came to a decision that I would stand on truth, even if I didn’t like the direction it took me. I was looking for answers.

I have come to realize that the journey is very important, but it is not the answer. The answer to life lies in the person of Jesus Christ. He is The Way, The Truth, and The Life. No one comes to Father God except and only though Him (John 14:6-7). If you are looking for truth just in the journey or the process, you will find nothing but emptiness and a place reserved for you in hell.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: