Does Anybody See Her?

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, July 9, 2017 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

In the song “Does Anybody Hear Her” by Casting Crowns, these lyrics really spoke to me:
“Does anybody hear her
Does anybody see,
Oh does anybody even know she’s going down today.
Under the shadow of our steeple a lot of lost and lonely people
Searching for the hope that’s tucked away in you and me.
Does anybody hear her
Does anybody see.”

I started to think: Does anybody see her? Wasting away, withdrawing from the world, cutting herself, eating herself to death.

I was at a loss for what I could do, but I am beginning to realize I don’t have to have all the answers. My job is to point them to Jesus and God’s Word, and to love and care about them. I can let them know they matter and that God loves them.

I can’t heal them, but God can. I can’t help them completely, but God can.

We live in a fast-paced, perfection-driven society that no one can keep up with. If it’s not houses and cars, it’s clothes and body image, or maybe it’s promotion and success, or sports and school. We are bombarded with images that push us to be perfect and to be #1.

We are so worn out, and we are killing ourselves for the next job, house, social activity, or perfect body that we are missing true relationships in our lives. True peace and healing comes from the most important relationship in our lives, a personal relationship with Jesus.

So the next time you see “her” and you don’t know what to do or say to help her, point her to Jesus.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: