In a Whisper

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, October 2, 2016 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

Several years ago I spoke at a retreat and their theme was “In a Whisper.” I felt led to communicate the importance of us making intentional choices to immerse ourselves in prayer and God’s Word to develop an intimate relationship with the Lord. I know that everyone is busy but a deeper relationship with the Lord requires commitment and discipline.

My husband likes to say that I “go with the flow,” but the truth is I could flow right through my day and have wonderful intentions of spending time with the Lord but the thought “I’ll get to it” keeps coming to mind. If I am not careful I can drift right through my day and as my head hits the pillow, I utter a few prayer requests before I fall asleep. I have a tendency to be reactive to my life instead of proactive.

I now make the intentional choice to spend quiet time alone with God. I schedule it in my day. I plan ahead.

There is a quote by Stephen Covey that says, “We judge ourselves by our intentions and others by their actions.” Isn’t that true? It makes me think back to when my boys were little and I was busy trying to get something done and I would hear, “Mommy, mommy, mommy…” until I would stop and give them my full attention.

I wonder how many times a day God is whispering, “Ami, Ami, Ami…” until I slow down and listen to Him.

We often have good intentions of spiritual growth but we are lacking on our follow through. Join me as we make intentional choices to spend quality time with the Lord daily and put Him first in our lives.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: