Easily Offended

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, September 4, 2016 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

“A man’s wisdom gives him patience. It is to his glory to overlook and offense” (Proverbs 19:11).

“Don’t be easily offended,” is a phrase that I repeat to myself in my day to day life.

To be honest with you, I am the most easily offended when I am driving. I am not someone who has road rage or gives nasty hand signals, but I do mutter things under my breath, and occasionally out loud in my car, from time to time. Not that this behavior does any good, but this is the perfect example of when I repeat the phrase “Don’t be easily offended, don’t be easily offended” to myself.

Today when people are short with you, push their way in front of you, hurt your feelings (intentionally or unintentionally), cut you off in traffic, or are just plain rude to you, join me as we reflect on Proverbs 19:11, “A man’s wisdom gives him patience. It is to his glory to overlook and offense,” and don’t be easily offended.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: