Reboot

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, April 27, 2014 0 comments
by Loren Walz

I don’t know about you, but sometimes my computer just needs a reboot to get back up to speed and start functioning properly again. You see, I’m not always good at regularly closing applications on my computer, and shutting it down at the end of each day. Often, I leave multiple applications up and running non-stop, and never shut my computer down, let alone putting it to “sleep” mode for the night.

When my computer functions like this for a few weeks, I start to find that it no longer does what I want it to do - it somehow can’t handle even simple tasks like connecting to the Internet. In the worst of situations, I have to do a hard reboot and press the power button mid-task to close all the applications, and free up the processing power so my computer can do what I want it to.

I think my experience with computer is representative of the way we tend to live our lives. Often we have so many things going on in our lives that we are worn down, too busy processing too many things. We cut our rest short, plagued each evening by the many tasks on our to-do list floating around our head into the late hours of the evening. Our priorities get jumbled up, and eventually we forget to take the opportunity to pause and connect with God the Father. Sometimes we even forget how…

As we are lost in the midst of our personal chaos, often forgetting who our Almighty Creator is, He is still with us each day. Each day He longs for us to do one thing: “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10a).

It’s that simple. God’s Word says to “be still,” or shut down all the other things filling up our time, and then to “know that [He] is God,” or reconnect to Him.

Camp is a great place to be still and know that He is God. It’s a place to clear your mind of all the things that fill up each day, to reboot with fresh awareness of who God is, and reconnecting to the source of all love, strength, and mercy. Reboot your life and reconnect with God this summer at Camp Otyokwah.

0 comments: