Who Are You Trusting?

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Monday, March 9, 2009 0 comments


Imitate or Inhabited: The choice is up to you.

I have been blessed in so many ways through out my life. I realize how privileged I was growing up in a family that tried to teach me about Jesus Christ and His ways. My mother led me to Christ as a child. As a teenager I turned away from Him and went my own way. Through their example of unconditional love and constant prayer for my soul I was drawn back to our Heavenly Father. My parents are far from perfect, but they love me and care so much for my family and me. Below is a note I just received from my father today! I wanted to share with you this much needed wisdom that I believe we all need to remember.

“It seems as if most everyone is so confused about what’s happening today but yet still try to maintain living by their own thinking. Think about this – We all have access to unlimited wisdom, unlimited power, unlimited love, and unlimited grace in an awesome God.

We try and choose to imitate Jesus by trying to force ourselves to act in different ways in our own strength (WWJD). Let’s look at this a little differently (WIJD) “What Is Jesus Doing?” We don’t just have an example, we have an inhabitant!” There is a world of difference. John 15:5 says, “Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit. Because apart from me you can do nothing.” In Galatians 2:20 we see “I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.”

I think attempting to imitate our divine example finds us failing often and even growing ever more frustrated with our ability to live as Jesus did. We need to see ourselves as vessels in which the Spirit of the living God dwells, and when we do we’re inclined not to try harder but to trust more.”

I want to encourage you to go and do this. I think that’s all that needs to be said this week.

0 comments: