Every New Day

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Wednesday, January 7, 2009 0 comments


As I sit down to write this I am listening to one of the best bands ever, Five Iron Frenzy. You should go check 'em out if you have not heard them. They are amazing and really encourage me in my walk with Christ. They are fun, weird and near as I can tell love Jesus Christ. My favorite song is, "Every New Day." I am also thinking how thankful I am for God's grace and provision. Without it my family and I wouldn't be where we are today.

When my wife, Jaya, and I made this decision to go full time with Worldview Warriors in June of 2007 we had no idea how stress-filled and crazy things would be. We also didn't know how rewarding and joy-filled it would be either. Isn't that just like God? He wants us to live life and to live it to the full. As it says in Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." You notice that it doesn't say everything will be easy or perfect it says that, "in all things". The good, the bad and the ugly.

Unfortunately, we do not live in perfection anymore (See Genesis 1 & 2). We live in a fallen world by our own choosing (See Genesis 3). So, bad and evil things now happen. However, our heavenly father wants to give us good gifts. HE STILL WANTS TO GIVE US GOOD GIFTS!! Yes, even on this side of eternity. Check this out in Matthew 7:7-12, Jesus said, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

Isn't that amazing?! Even though we as the human race have basically told God get out of our lives, He's still there wanting to give us good gifts in this life. Now, we are called to hear His teachings and obey them. That is the tough part but really it isn't. Let me explain.

I have six children. Two boys and four girls. I want all of them to succeed in all that they do. If I could put my thoughts and past experiences into their minds I would do it. This would help them to see why I don't want them to do certain things and why other things are perfectly okay. I absolutely know things that they do not because I have experienced them. Things like: Love, Pain, Emotional Hurt, What honesty and integrity looks like, Betrayal and Joy to name a few.

Since I have experienced them I know what to look for in people and in certain situations. I have the experience. I can disciple them in Jesus Christ and His ways. I want them to experience the best of everything. However, they are their own people. I cannot force them to do anything. They can only choose to do the right thing or what I teach them to do. They must choose for themselves this day whom they will serve. (Joshua 24:15)

Kind of like you.

You have to choose whom you will serve. God has been very clear that you are to honor and obey your parents. Once you move out of the house and are truly on your own, you no longer need to obey your parents BUT you still need to honor them. Think about this, they love you more than anyone on the planet! Why would they want to hurt you? Please listen to them. Honor and obey them.

Now, some of you do have parents that are not following God and His ways. What do you do with that? Some of you are in foster care or are in a situation where you live part of the time with mom and the other part with dad. I encourage you to pray even harder to your heavenly father for guidance. Ask him for wisdom. A divided house is a very hard situation. I am truly sorry that you are even in that situation. I believe that it was not God's plan but He has allowed it to happen for some reason.

Remember Romans 8:28? No matter where you are at in your journey of life seek God out! Also, remember that we (Worldview Warriors) are here to help you in your walk with Jesus Christ. We truly care for you. Let us know if we can do anything for you, EVER.

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. - Philippians 1:21

0 comments: