I’ll Live My Life No Other Way, Till the Day I Die… I’ll Be a Radical!

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 0 comments


by Jason DeZurik

As I sit down to write this post, I can’t help but think how radically changed my life has become through the years for Christ. As a child, I wanted to live for me and me alone. I was a very selfish person and didn’t realize how much that was not only hurting me as a person but hurting others around me. At the same time, many people approved of my actions because they would benefit from what I was doing as well. Some were selfish too, and others were just wanting to live life trying to help others.

As I lived my life, from childhood into manhood, I became even more selfish. I completely believed in the evolutionary fairy tale taught to me as a child, and I started taking that mindset on and eventually living out the secular worldview in my life. I mean, if we are all just descended from animals we might as well act like it, right? My mindset was very much, “Let’s do what feels good and fornicate as much as we can because all that exists is here and now.” Yeah, that was pretty much my mindset. The selfish mindset of the so-called pro-choice movement made sense to me, because I should get mine while I am here and if someone dies before they get here, what’s the big deal? These children aren’t here yet so let’s save the planet for those that are here and for future generations because they need a place to live too. (See, how loving I was? – This is my attempt at sarcasm – I was thinking of future generations as long as they didn’t impact me and my life or make me adjust my plans.) What a crock of fecal matter!

I have not only Christ to thank for getting me out of my mindset of death and destruction but two amazing parents that loved me more than I even realized. I love my mother and father so much for not only loving me but not wavering in what they taught me as a child. They were both uncompromising, and I can assure you their steadiness impacted me as a man more than one could ever know. Thank you, Mom and Dad.

It wasn’t until the Creator of the Universe got a hold of my life and I actually started listening to absolute truth, found in His Word, that I started to change. You see, one morning in January 1995, God made Himself very real to me, and since that day I have been radically changed to serve Him in all I do. “I’ll live my life no other way, till the day I die.”

That day was the day I chose to get closer to God Almighty. It was the day I realized this all wasn’t just about me and what I wanted. However, I knew I needed to grow, learn, and become mature in Christ. I struggled with what that looked like. Once I started following Christ, my life didn’t become perfect. I wish I could tell you it did, but it didn’t. One thing that seriously helped me to mature in Christ was being discipled by a pastor, that I am so thankful for, who discipled me once a week for over a year at a greasy spoon in Minnesota at 5:00a.m. We met on Wednesday mornings and his dedication, faith, and belief not only in Christ but in me as a man helped me to grow more than I realized back then. Thank you, Pastor Chris, for taking a chance on a young, wet behind the ears “rebel” and sowing “seeds” into my life, not knowing what would happen. I truly love you as one of my friends and mentors.

I still have to choose every single day to follow Christ with my mouth and my actions. It is a very tough choice to make. My carnal man rears his ugly head daily and I need to basically say “not today” and lean on and learn from the Holy Spirit every single day, listening to the Holy Spirit’s council.

Friends, it is a choice to follow God or to not follow God Almighty. The Kingdom of God is not a place. It is as spiritual awakening. It is a mindset. It is a lifestyle, and we can live it in the here and now on planet earth. If you don’t think we can do this, I encourage you to consider the Lord’s Prayer. Jesus Christ told his followers to pray in this way:

“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven…” (Matthew 6:9-10)

Did you see it?

Jesus Himself told His followers to pray that the Kingdom of God would be here on earth as it is in Heaven. Isn’t that just super encouraging? I encourage each one of us who follow Christ to not just pray for this to happen, but let’s actually live it out here on earth.

Yes, we can choose to live out God’s Kingdom mindset here on earth. Choose for yourselves this day to actually live out Christ’s ways here on earth to be a good witness, helping people to see what God’s Kingdom really looks like. Please don’t forget, though, that Jesus warned us that we would be hated for following Him and doing His ways on earth. Matthew 5:11 says, “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.” Remember you are blessed when this happens. Make certain though you are following Christ

Here’s a song I greatly hope you will consider, to encourage you in your walk with God. Even if you don’t like this sort of music, please listen to the message of this song. Are you willing to be “Radical” for Christ? I can assure you, I have made my choice. I am as ready as I can be. Are you?

“Radical” by Disciple

Till the day I die
Till the day I die
Till the day I die I'll be a Radical

It's easy to find one that will compromise
But it's not easy to find one that's willing to stand
The road to hell is wide
But to heaven it's a one way, one truth, one life
That's why we're not ashamed of the name of Jesus
And we don't care if the whole world sees us
From our chains he has set us free
And I could never repay what he has given to me

I've been radically loved
I've been radically changed
By his grace I have been radically saved
And I'll live my life no other way
Till the day I die!

With my heart with my soul
Till the day I die I'll be a Radical
With my blood with my bones
Till the day I die I'll be a Radical

It's easy to find someone that's willing to die
But it's not easy find someone that's willing to live
I want to walk in his footsteps even if the world hates me
Be ready to love and not afraid to forgive
Never ashamed of the name of Jesus
And we want the whole world to see us
See He's alive burning in our hearts
Offering mercy with outstretched arms

I've been radically loved
I've been radically changed
By his grace I have been radically saved
And I'll live my life no other way
Till the day I die!

With my heart with my soul
Till the day I die I'll be a Radical
With my blood with my bones
Till the day I die I'll be a Radical
To my friends, to my foes
Till the day I die I'll be a Radical
With my heart, with my soul
Till the day I die I'll be a Radical

Not just my mouth but let my hands speak the glory of God
Not just my mouth but let my hands speak the glory of God
Not just my mouth but let my hands speak the glory of God
Not just my mouth but let my hands speak the glory of God

Till the day I die!
With my heart with my soul
Till the day I die I'll be a Radical
With my blood, with my bones
Till the day I die I'll be a Radical
To my friends, to my foes
Till the day I die I'll be a Radical
With my heart, with my soul
Till the day I die I'll be a Radical

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: