Mirror, Mirror

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, February 5, 2017 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

Every one of us faces ourselves in the mirror each day. What is your inner dialogue? What do you say to yourself?

Do you say, “Hello Gorgeous!” or “Good morning, Child of the King!” or “You are loved!”?

I fear we spend more time looking at our flaws, such as “I’m fat,” “I’m old, “I’m dumb,” or “I have no purpose.”

Maybe we can’t stand to look at ourselves at all, so we hurry through our morning routine because we don’t like what we see. Or could it be that we work really hard on making everything on the outside look perfect, so that no one notices what is going on, on the inside of us. I believe that we can be our own worst enemy.

I would like to share a few things I have done to combat this negative daily dialogue. I have written Scripture passages on note cards or notes to myself that I tape to my bathroom mirror. I have written things like, “You are a child of the King,” “You are loved,” “You are the apple of God’s eye,” and “You are beautiful in God’s sight.”

When then negative thoughts start scrolling through my mind like a well-worn tape, I remind myself to change the tape and think of something positive, or repeat scripture to myself over and over until negative thoughts are gone.

We all have areas in our lives that we can work on, but dwelling on them and badgering ourselves doesn’t accomplish anything. Instead of beating yourself up, set realistic goals and start building a better YOU today.

And tomorrow morning when you look at yourself in the mirror remember:
You are loved.
You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
You are a child of God.
You are HIS masterpiece.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: