Praises and Grumblings

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, June 12, 2016 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

There are always things to praise God for, as well as there are always things we could grumble and complain about. What do we choose to focus on? Do we spend more time praising God with a grateful heart or do we find ourselves grumbling and complaining?

Even on my darkest days I try and start my prayers by praising God and being thankful. There were days that I felt the only things I could be thankful for were a healthy family, my husband’s job, clean water to drink, and food on the table. Wait, if that is the only things we have to be thankful for, I’m pretty darn lucky and so are you! It is a matter of looking for the positives in our lives.

No matter what I was facing in life, taking a few moments to praise God and be thankful for my blessings forced me to focus on what I do have, instead of always longing for what I didn’t have. I also found that praising God instead of complaining took my focus off of me and my problems and redirected my focus to Him, to who He is and all that He has done.

What can we do to turn our grumblings into praises? Here are some suggestions:
Begin difficult days with praise music.
Start a gratitude journal. Write down 5 things each day to be grateful for. It is amazing how this small step can change your attitude for the day.
Start your prayers with praises and thanksgiving.

Philippians 2:14-15 says, “Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.”

Together, let’s begin each day with praises and learn to leave the grumbling behind, so that we can shine like stars in the universe.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: